Until a few years back I was a careless person who never put any thought into what I ate! I ate everything and anything that tasted good and was easily available. Rarely did I step into the kitchen and make my own food.
I ate out almost every night and for lunch, mostly had leftovers from last night. Munching on chips, popcorns, frozen food and all sorts of Junk was an everyday routine until I had my first child.
It is then I realized how important it is to eat nutritiously. I did not want to feed him anything that was not prepared at home! And why have it yourself if it is not good. He made me realize that I needed to change my lifestyle and give importance to food!
In the last couple of years, I have learned to cook, bake and experiment with food!
So here I am sharing another awesomely delicious bake I tried last night! Free from refined sugar, full of healthy ingredients and very very easy to make!
This recipe is awesome not only because is it made with healthy ingredients but also because it is completely free from refined sugar! It however tastes super delicious because it has natural sugars from maple syrup and ripe bananas .Believe me you will not feel any difference and it tastes as good as any other cake!!!
Moving on straight to the recipe:
1.Whole wheat flour (1 and 3/4 cups )
2. Coconut oil / olive oil ( 1/4 cup)
3. Maple syrup ( 1/2 cup)
4. Milk / Water ( 1/4 th cup)
5. 2 ripe bananas mashed
6. 2 eggs
7. 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
8. 1 teaspoon Baking soda ( Not baking powder, they are not the same !)
9. Handful of blueberries
9. Walnuts/ Pistachios/Cashews (Any nuts you like)
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Blend the oil , maple syrup and eggs together and whisk them well.
- Now add the mashed bananas, milk and fold in the whole wheat flour
- Lastly, add the baking soda, vanilla extract , whole blueberries and nuts and mix all ingredients.
- Put the mixture in a lightly greased bread pan and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Remove bread from the oven, let it cool and ENJOY!!